10 Put the verbs in brackets into the present simple or the present continuous.
- He often goes (go) to the cinema.
- They are not watching (not/watch) TV at the moment.
- John is outside. He is washing (wash) the car.
- Dad is lying (lie) on the sofa now.
- Claire doesn’t like (not/like) pizza.
- Do you sleep (you/sleep) early on weekdays?
11 Underline the correct time expression.
- I go to school every morning / at the moment.
- My parents never / now go to work on Sundays.
- I go skiing today / every winter.
- I at present / always do my homework. I’m a very good student.
- I am having an English lesson now / every day.
- My parents are working on Saturdays / at the moment.
- I watch TV tonight / in the evenings.
- I usually / at present go out with my friends on Sundays.
12 Put the verbs in brackets into present simple or present continuous.
Here I 1) am (be) in Mykonos, Greece. The weather 2) is (be) fantastic. We 3) are having (have) a wonderful time.
At the moment, I 4) am lying (lie) by the swimming pool with my brother, James. I 5) am sunbathing (sunbathe) and James 6) is drinking a (drink) lemonade. We 7) are sunbathing (sunbathe) 8) are swimming (swim) every day. At night we usually 9) are eating (eat) at a restaurant and then we 10) are dancing (dance) at one of the fantastic discos in the island. I 11) am loving (love) it here and I 12) don’t want (not/want) to leave!
Miss S. Jones, 38 Dean Park, Peebles Border Region
EH45 8dd Scotland