Progress check 3 (Units 7-9)
- Look at the picture. Then write the questions and answers.
1 Mu/water/the plants
Is mum watering the plants?
No she isn’t. She’s washing the car.
2 the girls/sit/under the tree
Are the girls sitting under the tree?
No they aren’t. They are drinking lemonade.
3 Dad/wash/the car
Is Dad washing the car?
No he’s not. He’s watering the plants.
4 the boys/drink lemonade
Are the boys drinking lemonade?
No they aren’t. They are sitting under the tree.
- Put the verbs in brackets into the present simple or present continuous.
- A: Hi Stacy! Where are you going?
B: I am going to the supermarket, Mum can’t go today because she’s works until late.
A: That’s a good idea. The fridge is almost empty.
- A: What are you doing right now?
B: I am studying for the History test.
A: Do you want to make a break? We can have some tea and then you can continue.
B: OK! That sounds good.
- A: What are you cooking Mum?
B: I am trying a new recipe. It’s an Italian dish.
A: Well, it smells delicious. I can’t wait to taste it!
- A: I am going to the shops now. Can you join me?
B: I want to come but I can’t. I need to study for my exams.
A: No problem. I understand.
- Look at the picture and fill in the gaps with on, opposite, beside, under, above, in or at.
- Dimitris is sitting on a chair at his desk.
- There is a poster on the wall.
- There are some bookshelves above the small table.
- The table is opposite the door.
- There is a rug on the table.
- Dimitris is holding a piece pf paper in his hand.
- Dimitris’s schoolbag is on the floor beside his desk.
- Fill in the gaps with on at or in.
In November, my family and I often travel to London for two days to celebrate Bonfire Night. At the 5th of November, we usually fly to London Gatwick airport early in the morning. In the afternoon, we have a traditional meal of baked potatoes and toffee apples and in the evening, we gather around the bonfire and watch the fireworks display. At midnight, we go to bed, the next day, at around 12 o’clock, we visit my aunt and uncle and have a big lunch with them. I love spending Bonfire Night with my family.
- What do this people do on Thursday evenings? Whrite the questions and answers.
1 Ethan and Jamie/go to the library
Do Ethan and Jamie go to the library on Thursday evenings?
Yes, they do.
They usually go to the libray an Thursday evenings.
2 Lily/go to the library
Does Lily go to the library on Thursday evenings.
No, she doesn’t
She never goes to the library on Thursday evinings.
3 Ethan and Jamie/read comics
Do Ethan and Jamie read comics on Thursday evenings?
Yes they do.
They read comics sometimes on Thursday evenings.
4 Ethan and Jamie/ wash the dishes
Do Ethan and Lily wash the dishes on Thursday evenings?
No, they don’t.
They never wash the dishes on Thursday evenings.
5 Lily/read comics
Does Lily read comics on Thursday evenings?
Yes, she does.
She often reads comics on Thursday evenings.
6 Ethan annd Jamie/play computer games.
Do Ethan and Jamie play computer games on Thursday evenings?
Yes, they do.
They often play computer games on Thursday evenings.
Lily/wash the dishes
Does Lily wash the dishes on Thursday evenings?
Yes, she does.
She sometimes washes the dishes on Thursday evenings.